Red Ribbon is a globally recognized symbol for HIV/AIDS awareness. Establishment of Red Ribbon Clubs was an important initiative undertaken by the Government of India to spread awareness about HIV/AIDS and associated myths among the youth and empower them.
- Educate youth with correct, concise and adequate information and heighten their level of awareness about HIV AIDS, Blood Donation, women empowerment and other related issues.
- Enable youth to identify and understand situations of exploitation and abuse.
- Sensitize the youth regarding care and support needs of people affected with HIV AIDS and instill in them the spirit to reduce the stigma and discrimination against them.
- To train youth as a cadre of peer educators for spreading awareness about HIV-AIDS and its prevention in the community.
- To motivate youth and to develop their skills on leadership, negotiations and team building.
The significance of Red Ribbon in HIV / AIDS is:
- Red like Love, as a symbol of passion and tolerance for those affected.
- Red like Blood, representing the pain caused by many people who have of AIDS.
- Red like the anger about the helplessness about which we are facing for a disease for which there is still no cure.
- Red is a sign of warning not to carelessly ignore one of the biggest problems of our time.
Important Activities per year
- International Youth Day (12th Aug to 31st Aug)
- World AIDS DAY (1st December)
- National Youth Day (12th January)
- World Women Day (8th March)
For online membership form: Click here
Mrs. Beby Kumari
Government College Chowari
Dr. Manoj Kumar
Govt. College Chowari
Tenrure: 2017 to till date